League Story


The game did not start the way Hub City FC had hoped. One the opening play of the game, quarterback Taylor Sharp?s pass was intercepted by Braylen Knoll, setting up Dirty Mike and the Boys with first and goal. However, they were unable to capitalize on the premium field position, going three and out. Two plays later, Sharp found his favourite target, Shaun Gillis, for a 28-yard scamper to the endzone. Gillis hauled in the conversion to put Hub City FC ahead, 7-0.

Josh Misskey was not fazed by the quick strike. Before his opponent could celebrate, he found Bryce Marcotte for a 6-yard touchdown. Defense was hard to come by early and Hub City took advantage. Sharp found Gillis for the second time in the first 10 minutes of the game for a 29-yard score. Misskey trotted the Boys back out onto the field down, 13-6. After a quick strike to Nyle Segovia, Dirty Mike and the Boys found themselves in another third-and-goal situation. Jeremy Burbridge brought the head, forcing Misskey to throw it away.

After the opening interception, Sharp was on target, completing his next six passes. After setting his team up in a first-and-goal situation, Sharp?s dart went off the hands of Gillis and was picked off by Shadow Reddekopp. Off the turnover, Misskey took a shot to the endzone, but a great defensive play by Ethan Reed kept the Boys from scoring. Following the knockdown, Mitchell Purse read the pass like a book and took it 21 yards to set his team up in scoring position. It was only fair that Purse caught the major.

With two minutes to go in the half, Misskey led the Boys back into scoring position, this time finding Marcotte for his second touchdown of the half. The game was moving fast, but Hub City was able to march down to the 6-yard line before Ethan Reed hauled in the score. After Gillis caught the convert, Hub City FC found themselves up 26-12 at the half.

It was clear early, that Segovia was the go-to target and The Boys intended to utilize him all game. On the opening drive of the half, he caught two balls for 21 yards and put his team in range of scoring. After back-to-back incompletions, Dirty Mike and the Boys? red zone offense was continuing to struggle. On a crucial third down, Misskey found Justin Ladham for the touchdown, pulling the game within one score. After a quick three-and-out, the Boys had the opportunity to tie the game.

On the first play of the drive, Misskey chucked up a prayer to Ladham. After being tipped up by Purse, Ladham hauled in the throw and walked into the endzone. They failed to convert the 2-point play, but trailed by only 2, 26-24. After a goal line stand by Dirty Mike and the Boys, Ethan Reed intercepted Misskey?s throw and took it to the house for six, putting Hub City FC up, 32-24, with seven minutes left.

While the game was close, the Boys were driving. With first and goal-to-go from the five-yard line, Reed picked off Misskey for the second time in as many drives. He turned on the jets and took it to the endzone, putting Hub City FC up 38-24, nearing the two-minute warning.
With the game out of reach, Sharp found Gillis again for six. Hub City FC closed out a close game thanks to the back-to-back pick sixes by Ethan Reed